
Please don't misinterpret but, South Africans make me smile. I've been welcomed a lot of times by South-African crews; I've passed by so many while strolling in the mall, and they're all so jolly. When you accidentally look at each other, instead of them looking away, they smile or greet you. Not the smile where you think they're hitting on you. It's more of a "Hi" smile. There's just something different about them. Their wide lips and white teeth makes their smile so genuine that it tends to brighten up your day (no exaggeration involved). Their cheerfulness makes you feel more welcome upon entering a restaurant or a boutique, etc. And I don't think that it's only a part of their job to be all smiles and tolerably talkative upon welcoming guests. Comparing them to clerks of other nationalities, Africans are just... eupeptic and naturally happy. I guess. Or at least the ones I encountered are.