5.27.2011

Day 49

I would never let anything free pass by without me having some of it. We went to see Pirates of the Caribbean in Dubai mall earlier. But before the movie, I saw an OPI stall near the entrance and upon checking it out, wow, I got my nails cleaned and painted for free without doing anything. Completely nothing. I just walked to the stall and the girl's like, "hey, wanna sit down? We're going to try our new product on you...", which was Pirates of the Caribbean Collection silver shatter nail polish. After getting my nails done, sans the manicure, they gave me a voucher that entitles me to an hour of Balinese massage, an OPI nail polish of my choice, a nail file and an OPI bag. The polish awed me so much that I decide to claim my freebies. All I have to do is visit their Salon not very far from here... and maybe have a pedicure or something... out of shame. By this I confirm that I could live in this country. There's no assurance to say would instead of could but there's a huge probability that I will live here someday. It's quite expensive here but, they have a high minimum wage plus there's a lot of free! Caman!!


See how I'm not the only one who takes advantage of free service?

OPI booth Dubai mall reel cinemasOPI silver shatter nail polish
This is the outcome of the OPI Silver Shatter nail polish. It was applied just like how you apply an ordinary nail polish, and after 10 seconds, voila! It cracked by itself, leaving spaces for the base color to be seen. Kind of like a pirate's. Except theirs are realistically cracked, colorless and dirty.


None of these are shatter nail polishes. These are just ordinary nail polishes whose hues seem to fit the Caribbean theme. Btw, the shatter line comes in different colors. I just chose silver since it's one of my favorite colors and it complements my base color, which is light green.



Anyway, I thought I would give giving reviews a break but since we're already in the topic of Pirates of the Caribbean, might as well I criticize it. Well, Pirates surely brought fresh air to us. But that fresh air seems to have diffused after 8 years. We all know that the latest one is far from the first 3's storyline. Which makes it appear that they just made up a fourth story due to the success of the first three and popular demand. In Stranger Tides, suddenly Penelope Cruz was playing Angelica and she and Jack Sparrow had a past, which the movie made very confusing. What really happened to them is a total blur just as how the storyline is a total bore. I don't even understand the ending. As you can see, I saw it on 3d and it is a mistake that I did. It is so unnecessary since watching it in 2d doesn't make much of a difference. The money I paid would be the one making a huge difference if I chose to pay for 2d. A tout prendre, I'd join the crowd who's booing for this movie. Some said Penelope would be the one to raise this movie's ratings. I say, the movie's ratings isn't "upward" so I wouldn't call it raising, or at least for me it's not; and mostly the reason why people see this movie is not Penelope but Depp and is always gonna be Depp. Although the poor storyline contradicted his charms. BUT! I would have to say, like the first 3, in terms of the effects and the mermaids and all that, my hands are completely on the ground...

Apart from that, here are some of today's pictures:

Dipping our toes into the pool of narcissism.






This is just the funniest, stupidest thing my eyes have ever laid on.