5.09.2011

Kcal

A month already went by and only now have I pledged to a diet. As in fully pledge with all the list of what to avoid eating. It's called the South Beach Diet. I read about it here http://www.southbeach-diet-plan.com/ and unlike most diets that I saw, this one is a bit loose. I actually should eat so much in this diet, but in little amounts. I have to have breakfast, lunch and dinner, and meals in between.

Regarding the food, I just need to cut off almost all that I used to eat everyday for 17 years. Red meat are to replaced by lean ones. It's more like, red meat are banned. Meat only means chicken breast and seafood for me. Chocolate and other dairy products including all types of milk are to be avoided, as well as all types of bread, pasta, rice, cereal, oatmeal, pastry and baked goods. Oh and yah, no fruits and fruit juices.

I'm in phase one right now and I have to avoid those in 2 weeks. Today's actually my first day and I still have 1 week and 6 days to get to phase 2, which would allow me to slowly indulge in carbs and sweets. I thought I would struggle to survive today and that my life is doomed, but Kcal made everything's easier. It's this fast-food at the ground floor of our building that offers a really healthy menu. Everything there would not exceed 300 calories per serving. Yes, I know. They're heaven sent! Although they call themselves "the healthy fast-food", they're still fast-food. And that's what I'm worrying about. Fast foods sell processed foods. I don't know if they're anything different.



In case you have to know, you can access their menu here: http://www.kcalhealthyfastfood.com/beta/index.html