When I got home last Friday, I was greeted by a pile of letters sitting on the sofa. It had grade school drawings of NYC with captions that read 'I will miss you!' and 'Happy Wedding!!!'. Out of curiosity, I reached out to read one and saw that those are goodbye letters to grandma from her pupils... I had to ask why the children think she's getting married in New York! And she said she didn't want them to know that she'd be staying in Dubai for good--which is really sad and would be mean a whole lot of adjusting for me *teary eyes*.
Anyway, my lola has the sweetest and funniest grade one class ever! But not as funny as her to say that she's getting married again. Not to my lolo but to "Francis" this time-- who was her ex boyfriend btw! HAHAHA! Out of her pupils' curiosity on who would she be getting married to, she told him its Francis. That Francis guy still visits my grandma every time he's in the Philippines! I think if he wasn't married, they might still have a chance! kidding. ;)
| "I wish your husband is handsome" HAHAHAHAHA!! |
| "Francis, if you heart (hurt) T. Flor I will hate you because T. Flor likes you very much or else I will spanck (spank) you" |
This is one of the cutest! HAHAHA!
| "I wish you will get marriedfor Coco Martin" HAHAHAHAHA!! Seriously?!!!! HAHAHA!! |
| "You're the best teacher in the whole WHILE world" HAHAHAH!! SO CUTE!!! |
I sympathize with the students. She is the best teacher I've ever had. Actually, the best anyone could ever have! She guided me in school for years, been my companion for years and now I only have a few hours left before she leaves. It will be a whole new page for everybody. I'd have no one to talk to about my day in school as she was the one who listened every time. No one to check if everything's going right for me, my sis and basically everyone in the house. She's always there to support me and she's always proud of whatever I do. Anyway, I could go on and on about the things I'd miss about her but let's look at the bright side. I know she's pretty old for the stress that she's been going through everyday of her life even after her retirement age and Dubai (NOT NEW YORK AND NO SHE'S NOT GETTING MARRIED!) would be a good retreat for her. She'd be with my mom in her ever spacious flat with my thoughtful dad and adorable brother. Plus, it would also be better for my mom. She'd finally have someone to talk to when dad's not around. And I think this would also mean, not liberty, but independence for me. Since I've literally had everything under her supervision, I think it's time for me to do everything on my own. Oh and I know how much my lola loves Dubai sooo... conclusion is, no one should be sad about her leaving because it would be a whoooole lot of fun and adventure waiting for her! And I know she'd be back in no time! :)
5 YEARS AGO :)
I love you so much Lola Puloy! Have a safe trip!!! This is sad but see you in Facebook!