5.13.2011

RANT: American Idol

It already happened too many times before. I'm not surprised it happened again.

American Idol started fairly when America decided to declare Kelly Clarkson as the winner. I can't argue with that. But, as the show progresses, it's like America's definition of a good singer rapidly dropped to total travesty. In a matter of months, the show's furtherance is inversely proportional to America's taste in music. Just when that nobody, Ruben Studdard, won over Clay Aiken; when they voted for Fantasia Barrino more than Jennifer Hudson; when Chris Daughtry lost it to Taylor Hicks; and of course!! When Kris Allen won his looks over Adam's innovative talent because of superficial and sexist reasons. I can't believe how radical America's poor taste went. They gave away a lot (of money and fame) to undeserving people. To get things straight, out of 9 seasons, they just awarded 4 deserving winners (Clarkson, Underwood, Sparks, and Cook). You may have noticed that Dewyze wasn't brought up. That's because it's the most boring season ever; he's boring; and he's just like Kris Allen combined with a pinch of David Cook.

In the latest season, again, America's making a terrible mistake by voting James Durbin out and not including him in the top 3. Not really voting him out but they outvoted him by voting more for the wrong people. He, McCreery and Haley should be the top 3!!!

I strongly believe that Lauren Alaina should be the one eliminated. I'm so tired of her and her genre. Really. Haven't we had enough of Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood? No offense but, she's so bland and dull and there's just nothing special about her. Yes, she's 16, and so? If I'm not mistaken, David Archuleta was also 16 when he joined Idol but, comparing the both of them, David is innovative. Unlike her, she doesn't bring anything new to the table. She's serving the same omelet that Kelly and Carrie served.

I could compare Durbin to Adam Lambert and there's only a few of them who can hit high notes like tha. Though I'd say Durbin's voice is raw. Not theatrical/O.A.. I am beyond upset and almost grieving that he was eliminated. I agree with what he said when Ryan Seacrest asked for his thoughts: "I worked so damn hard to get here. I did so much stuff that’s never been done on this show before. In my eyes, in my mind, what I believe is I did what I came here to do and that is: Give metal a chance!"

He surely did so much stuff that's never been done before! It's just so devastating.

I can accept the fact that Haley Reinhart and Scotty McCreery made it. Haley's sultrily husky voice wasn't that appealing at first but she's improved! Despite her not-so-nice attitude, it's the voice that matters most. McCreery offers something new since he sings country music. Although I'd prefer him to be out than Durbin. But he wasn't so it should all boil down to him and Haley. It would be a total whiplash for me if it's not going to be the two of them battling for the throne, and I'm gonna protest if Lauren wins this season.

Anyway, here's a few of my favorite James Durbin performances.

Really, America. You should know better.