9.18.2011

Masked Up: Aztec Secret Clay Mask




This 1-pound Bentonite clay mask came in powder form. It is indicated in the instructions that you strictly need non-metal materials in concocting the mask because metal will chemically react with anything acidic (vinegar). And you need mix it with apple cider vinegar. (STRICTLY NOT YOUR DATU PUTI WHITE VINEGAR!) We don't have apple cider vinegar in the house so I just used plain water. I used a foundation brush for an easier and even application (it's time I put this brush to good use.)

I made a tiny bit of mistake earlier by putting 2 spoonfuls of it so I ended up masking up every person's face in the house but still having plenty left in the bowl. You really just need a tablespoon of it and looking at the size of the container, it would surely go a long way! Anyway, I now declare that it is a staple on my skin care products! Definitely one of my HGs! I like that its all natural and it goes beyond its tag line. My face really did pulsate as the mask dried! It tightened my pores when I washed it off and it brought out the blackheads on my chin and T-zone, making it easier to extract! Plus it doesn't have any unpleasant smell since it's all natural dried bentonite and calcium clay. In fact, it doesn't have any scent at all! I have a good feeling that if I continue to use this at least thrice a week, my skin would be better in a month or so. It is fully packed for a really affordable price of 430 PHP and I would definitely repurchase as soon as I run out. Though I think I won't be repurchasing in the near future. This product is some sort of magic. You better try and get your own (if you're from PH) at any Healthy Options outlet to know what I'm talking about.

Another perk from concocting the mask on your own is the fun of experimenting. You could mix it with other face-beneficial stuff like honey, lemon extract, milk, or whatever product that could add to the effectiveness of the green clay.

I'm warning you. Do the mask alone because it goes really hard on your face and if you do this with your sister, you are literally going to crack up. The fact that both of you are trying to suppress your laughter whenever you look at each other makes you want to laugh even more!