9.03.2011

CORREGIDOR

Traveled back to World War 2 yesterday. No, not really World War 2, just the remains and memories of it. I'm so glad that even in college, we get to have field trips like this. Anyway, it's my second time in Corregidor yesterday and I forgot how beautiful and historic it was. My great grandmother told me, when I interviewed her for my HEKASI subject 9 years ago, that great grandfather was one of those who built the Malinta tunnel. He was one of  the few prisoner survivors of the death march! Damn am I proud! I felt a sense of pride during the whole trip. I felt like shouting to the whole group that one of my ancestors was a part of history! A tout prendre, I had fun yesterday despite being soaking wet and cold at 7am because it rained soo hard and I lost my umbrella and I have to walk a freakin' mile from where the shuttle dropped me just to get to the dock. I could've enjoyed a whole lot more when it was sunny but it literally rained on us while touring. I guess only at times like those I wished for the rain to stop.