6.03.2011

Day 56: Kids

I love how human minds are so innovative that it actually produced the idea of a kids club. Literally. As in clubbing like legit people do but in a clean, liquor-less way with popcorns and nachos as pulutan to the mocktails. Went to Club Rush at Atlantis Hotel today. You must be wondering why I went there. Well, I have a 12-year-old sister who's merely infatuated with the "teenage habit" which in this generation we call as partying. She found herself disappointed when we got there. HAHA! There were computers and Wiis and ps3s, and a mini dance floor. A really cute one. It has a DJ booth that plays the darnest of songs. They play some Katy Perry, Beiber, and all those stupid rap the kids are obsessed about. I even heard them play some barney earlier. They give you a mic so you can sing to the music with your group. Something like that.

Anyway, I don't consider myself as a kid anymore but I found myself surrounded by a bunch of 12-16 year-olds and actually having fun! It's the first time for me to actually feel... old? Although, one thing I noticed is that they act younger than their age.. Well, comparing myself to them, when I was 16, I preferred to go to a real club with liquor and wild people, than a kids club with all the computers, mocktails, and popcorn (though I never did go clubbing/drinking even if I got the chance to. Yes mom, if you're reading, you should know that I'm clean. Debut parties are an exception though.); when I was 16, I was already doing screenplays, scripts, news articles, and by that age, I was already aware of every darn thing that's happening in the world. I was a little bit more serious to just think about meeting up with someone and lovey-doveys, etc; Well, as to when I was 12, I never thought of going clubbing. Even when you say that its a kids club. Clubbing is not in my dictionary at that time. But, regarding what I said earlier, maybe it's the other way around. Maybe they don't act younger than their age, they're normal. It's more of I act mature than my age. Because I had to. I have to. I started school at 4, got accelerated and found myself in a world older than mine. I have to adjust or else I get left out. But, yeah, it doesn't work that way for everybody.

I got a chance to meet a lot of British kids, which to my pleasure, they all know Mcfly. And so I talked about it with one of them, Laura, for the whole time. She's the nicest in the bunch. The boys there reminded me of how much I hated boys when I was their age. They're naughty, talkative and they curse a lot. But yeah, it all just makes me laugh now.


Playing Kinect Sports. It's so virtual, my jaws dropped. Anyway, that guy in black there is Anu. The first one to play with us. And That guy in purple is one of the crews who introduce the kids to each other. Apparently, he introduced Anu to us. Obviously.


That's Laura with us.


The kids. Except for the one in blue and the one in orange. They're 16 and I don't consider 16 year-olds as kids. At least I don't want to be called a kid when I was 16. There're actually more kids on the other side of the club.



My sister's dress is gorgeous! She bought that in Zara kids. How I wish I have a size! If I do, then we'd match and be corny :)