6.05.2011

Day 58: Atlantis

This is where my "Carpe Diem living" brought me...

That, my friends, is the highlight of my... whole life!!! No. I don't know. But it must be a highlight of something in my life. I had to wear goggles 'cause I can't get my contact lenses wet. And I can't not wear my lenses 'cause I want to be able to enjoy the view. ...I know what you're thinking... No, not that kind of view, but... yeah. 6-packs can be pleasing to the eyes at times.

This trip almost got delayed due to Sandro's colds. But still we pursued and took our chances. He's been a good boy the whole day and I can tell with the tan he got that he enjoyed!!

Obviously, that's not me taking the plunge. I'm the one taking the picture. The one in the next picture is me.

I couldn't explain the experience. You go up seemingly endless flights of stairs and when you get to the top, you see a short line of nervous looking people. You'll know right away that that's the line to the "Leap of Faith". Ironic name, isn't it? In the first few seconds, probably just after you push yourself down, you get a view of everything. And then gravity pulls you down and you'll just hear yourself screaming! The hard splash of water during the slide will stop you from screaming 'cause it would enter your nose. The slide isn't that scary. It's fun! I swear it's not scary. It's nerve-racking, yes, but it's not scary. You just have to overcome your fear of heights and enjoy the plunge! Here's a POV vid I found on youtube.


This is my shot of the slide. I do hope that sometimes, I could let my sis borrow my eyes while she's holding the camera so she could see how I want the shot to be.

Lo-bat and exhausted.





Took a shot of this because that heart behind her is not the design of her dress. It's the wet part she made upon sitting down. HAHAHA! Cute but, oops. :)