4.28.2011

Day 20: Me, me and me

Nothing beats exploring something new yourself. The fear of getting lost, taking the wrong route or crossing paths with someone suspicious is always there. But today, I kinda broke free. I was alone and carefree as I journeyed 4 stations away from our flat. I actually don't mind if I got into the wrong route earlier, but I didn't so everything fine. Ok, I know my intro sounded like something extraodinary happened. Like I ventured the deserts of Dubai...? Noo. But today's a different experience for me. Basically, to get this straight, I just went to the mall and bought stuff. It's different because there's no mom to give you time limit inside boutiques. No sister to ask how the clothes look on you, and no dad to ask you to try stuff and eventually urge you to buy everything he chose for you. They all went together to bring Alessandro to his swimming classes. I didn't join them. And then I had some "me" time in Dubai, which, to my surprise, is not on my to-do list. When they left, my goal is to actually take advantage of Dad's laptop sitting prettily on the table. Just so you know, I have been laptop deprived for a week now. My laptop's locked up somewhere and I feel like I checked myself into rehab. So anyway, since the person I've been meaning to see online is not, I got bored. Then the feeling of eagerness to shop creeped in. When I checked it was 11 on the clock. I did my fastest to do my routine and by 11:45, I was walking to the train station under the blazing sun.

15 minutes gone by and I'm already scrutinizing Forever21's racks. It's sale in Forever21 but it's a weekday so we're only around 7 in the shop. I have all the opportunity to buy everything that's on the 9 hangers hanging on my arm but I only bought 2. Self control is something I learned. And something I need to enhance/improve. 'Cause while I was fitting, I've come to a realization that I have 1/3 of my savings left and I still have a month in front of me so, I must take things slow. I think I spent 2 hours digging, fitting and deciding which to take. I jumped from 1 boutique to another and it had just made me realize that clothes are like food. It can get so satiating sometimes that it makes me sick. There really is a limit for everything. So then I went to Faces and got a free makeover in Smashbox. It's not in my plan either. I mean, I was just looking for this blush I've been eying on for a veeery long time now and then the saleslady urged me to sit down on the grooming seat, or whatever you call that. When she started applying stuff on my face, I kinda felt sorry for her because I really have no plans on buying any makeup earlier. That's until she applied the blush. I'm on 50/50 after I saw again that natural blush on my cheeks. After the makeover, I really, really, 100% wanted to buy everything she applied on my face. Especially the primer, the hydrating powder and the vanilla eyeshadow she used, but my self control reigned a little bit and made me get just the blush. But, you know, life's so full of surprises that there was a sudden change of plans on the counter when I saw what I've been looking for in my whole life.


I ended up saying sorry to the saleslady and bought me a pair of TWEEZERMAN instead!


I chose this one in zebra print, which is a little bit more expensive than the normal ones. It's cuteness tempted me. Yes it's quite pricey, and way expensive than the blush, but hey! It's Tweezerman, yo! Philippines is also deprived of this. Anyway, enough blabbing. Time to clean my brows! :)