4.18.2011

day 10: Sound of Music (LIVE)

This day's full of ecstatic emotions. Mainly because the play, The Sound of Music, took place in my favorite place ever--Madinat Jumeirah. I like it because it's sooooo peaceful. It has bars and restos and it is mainly surrounded by water, which gives you access to the boat ride to take/tour you around the place. And maybe to show you how glamorous the hotel is. Anyway, what's really interesting is that it makes you feel that you're in Dubai. It has a souk (market) that offers a lot of "Arab" stuff, souvenirs, etc. It has a lot of shops that sell Arabian jewelries. Duh. (Like the one my sister is wearing)

colorfully beaded flats. Im gonna buy a pair soon!! I should!
There are stalls like this around the souk.

This one, he's putting sand inside the bottle and he will design it however you like. If you want to have your name on it, or, you want a camel on it, whatever. You also get to decide what colors you want him to put. It's very amusing.

In this one, he will artistically draw your name with all the landmarks you'll see in Dubai. I've been drooling to have my name drawn like that but Bea's too short and "Beatriz" will cost me a fortune.

I'm having fun looking for souvenirs. I just don't know which ones I should buy! And where. Each shop has a different price but I've been seeing this shop anywhere I go, Al Jaber, and I think that's where it's reliable enough to spend on souvenirs.


Like what I said, it's peaceful. Really peaceful. But at night, the noise coming from bars will bombard its serenity. It also has a really nice view of the burj.

Plus, Madinat has a really cute parking lot. Nice advertising, Volkswagen!!!

We got front row, middle seats in the theatre. Best seats in the house!!! HOLLA!!



The one who played Captain Von Trapp is, well regardless of the age, (still) hot!!!!

The play's really good! The singers were from broadway so, you could just imagine how it is. Although, they shuffled the songs. Like, My Favorite Things came really early and she sang it with the nuns, not with the kids. The Lonely Goatherd was what I was looking forward to 'cause it's my favorite part in the movie. The play quite disappointed me for not having a puppet show in that part!!! Instead, Maria sang it on the part where she's supposed to sing My Favorite Things with the children. They also added songs that I never heard before. I think that's the broadway version of The Sound of Music. Which I think is really good despite the shuffling. If I were to watch a play the same as the movie, then I might as well just watch the movie, right? Anyway, amazing is all I can say. Applause, applause.