4.24.2011

day 16: Dubai Mall

Ola, mi amigos! I just realized that I never mentioned The Dubai Fountain in any of my posts, particularly on my must-sees, and it's really reckless of me not to. Seeing it earlier makes me degrade what my country's been proud of. I have been a fan of it since I saw it on youtube and seeing it live earlier makes it even more perfect. They played a groovy local Arabic song as the fountain danced. I was hoping to hear Andrea Bocelli and Sarah Brightman's Time To Say Goodbye, but, no worries, I still have a month and a half. And I like Arabic music sometimes. They're so unmistakably wavy and when you hear it, it feels like it travels to all the parts of your body. And it's so alive even if it's a little bit slow. I was on the brink of dancing but instead, I danced my sister's hands while the music is on. I cannot afford to humiliate myself in front of thousands of people.

Anyway! This day's a very fine day! Aside from the fountain, Dad and sis went ice skating, and mom and I sat in Papparoti (one level above the rink) and ate some buns while laughing at them as they tripped.


We met with Sawsan and Showki, parents' friends. They are soo nice and Sawsan is so pretty. Prettier in person. I forgot to greet her and Showki congratulations cause, finally, they're having a baby! We pigged out at Ribs and Rumps and I'm sure that PETA is not so happy with us because of what we ate. Actually while I was eating, I was trying not to imagine those animals playing happily in the wild.