2.16.2012

Record of the Month: FEBRUARY

I have long pledged to broaden my CD collection so now, I have fully committed myself to my ROM (Record of the Month) posts! I'm being criticized as someone who loves wasting her money by spending it on original albums. I know there's iTunes already and piracy is all over the internet but, I would like to keep things traditional. Therefore, I'm going to post under ROM for 12 months. 12 months=12 albums. YAAAY!

I started the first month with The Script's Science and Faith album and now, in honor of "Adele" Laurie Blue Adkins, I present to you her first live dvd/cd two-disc album! It's like hitting two birds with one stone. If you haven't seen her Grammy Performance, you're missing half of your life! She's someone who doesn't need flashy costumes and practically a jaw-dropping production with too much lights in order to impress. Her voice overpowers everything! This is what you call music! I cry every time I sing along with her songs because her voice never failed to overwhelm me!!!

This album's in black and white, which most probably interprets Adele's monochromatic simplicity. Black and white would symbolize two things that make Adele simply embellished--her voice, and the emotions she's effortlessly able to establish when she sings. That's what makes her different. She's an all-in-one smooth entertainment package.