No I didn't splurge on M&Ms. I splurged on 'M'akeup and 'M'usic. I've been trying to control myself for the past few months when it comes to shopping. Today, I had the guts to go against my own restrictions. Bu this is already me trying to curb my impulses.
The Script is one of my favorite bands so I intended to check in Odyssey earlier specifically for their album. I wasn't able to buy both their albums and you'd see why as you read on.
I'm trying to add more 'posh' in my makeup bag so I just had my first Chanel purchase earlier (because my good old first Joues Contraste was a gift from mom). I gave in to my 'desires for red lipsticks' and bought my first ever Rouge Coco lipstick in #26 (Venise). This isn't the shade that I was rooting for, actually. I wanted a darker, red wine-ish shade, which is Rouge Allure #73 (Clandestine), but I wasn't surprised when the clerk stuttered the words "out of stock". So yes, I had to look for the closest shade. Venise is just a tad bit lighter than Clandestine and it has a bit of a berry color in it. I love that it goes on smoothly and unlike any other lipstick that I tried, it's quite moisturizing for my chapped lips! Although I die a bit whenever this glides over a chapped portion--not because it hurts but because I feel like the oh-so-posh lipstick is being distorted in appearance. I'd have to do something about that. Anyway, this is the red that doesn't shout "RED!!!" practically because it has a hint of brown in it, and it's perfect during corporate attire days!!! As for the longevity, so far, I've had this on for an hour now and it still looks like I've just put it on. This is my first high-end lipstick (if Clinique doesn't belong to the category) and I'm so happy that I do not regret buying it regardless of the price.
I was just looking at the stuff from Dior earlier and then I saw this iconic Dior Iconic mascara in brown!! I always see good raves around the internet about the black one and I never knew it's also available in brown! Plus my Clinique High Impact mascara has been with me for more than 6 months so it has to go into the bin. No wonder my eyes hurt and turn red every once in a while. When I tried this on earlier, my lashes went "VAVOOM!!" (see the picture on the last part for proof) without even the help of a lash curler! I love it because it gives me the same length as Clinque's High Impact mascara (or maybe longer!) but Dior's Iconic is just a bit more subtle than Clinique. More natural looking perhaps. Again, first high-end mascara (if Clinique doesn't belong to the category) and I'm keeping no regrets.
| L-R: Wearing Clinique's High Impact mascara; Wearing Christian Dior Diorshow Iconic |
| (What do you think? Is Diorshow Iconic longer than Clinique's High Impact??) |