1.15.2012



EDWARD 
I always love flying over the 
polar cap.  Above the desolation. 

CARTER 
Look at all the stars.  This 
really is one of God's good ones. 

EDWARD 
So you think a being of some sort 
did all this? 

CARTER 
You don't? 

EDWARD 
You mean do I believe if I look up 
in the sky and promise this or 
that, the biggie will make all 
this go away?  No. 

CARTER 
So ninety-five percent of the 
people on Earth are wrong? 

EDWARD 
(shrugs) 
If life has taught me anything, 
it's that ninety-five percent of 
the people are always wrong. 

CARTER 
It's called faith. 

EDWARD 
I envy people who have faith.  I 
just can't get my head around it. 

CARTER 
Maybe your head is in the way. 

EDWARD 
Carter, we've all had hundreds of 
these discussions.  And every one 
of them finally hits the same 
wall.  Is there a sugar plum fairy 
or not?  And nobody has ever 
gotten over that wall. 

CARTER 
So what do you believe?   

EDWARD 
I resist all beliefs. 

CARTER 
No Big bang?  Random universe? 

EDWARD 
We live, we die and the wheels on 
the bus go 'round and 'round.  







~a scene from The Bucket List