12.18.2011

CUENCA BAZAAR: Nyx Lippies & Rouge Cream Blush

St. James bazaar (Cuenca), the most anticipated bazaar in the South, was in town again last November and, as per usual, my wallet sobbed as I took leaves of money from her. The frenzy of makeup shopping took over me when I passed by a booth displaying lots of NYX cosmetics. Knowing that NYX  is a cheap brand from US, I didn't hesitate to check them out. And of course, I didn't hesitate to buy these eventually.

NYX HEREDES, FEMME, TEA ROSE REVIEW
NYX HEREDES, FEMME, TEA ROSE REVIEW

FEMME

NYX LIPSTICK, NYX FEMME REVIEW, NYX FEMME

NYX LIPSTICK, NYX FEMME REVIEW, NYX FEMME
It's something that shouts, "Whattup! I'm a party animal!!!". Femme is hot pink in color with a hint of red.

PROS:
    -Cheap- I bought it for 150 php only!
    -Glides on smoothly
CONS:
    -It tends to move around your lips. You'd be surprised that when you pucker your lips, the color would be very uneven.
    -It can be too sheer, and it can be too overboard
    -Smells like a concoction of too much chemicals (this one goes to all NYX products)
    -As for the longevity, I have no idea. Still waiting for the perfect event for this one.
    -It dried my lips out. But you have to know that I still haven't found my perfect mate when it comes to moisturizing my lips. As if all lippies in the world are made to crack and chap my lips.

TEA ROSE
NYX LIPSTICK, NYX TEA ROSE REVIEW, NYX TEA ROSE
NYX LIPSTICK, NYX TEA ROSE REVIEW, NYX TEA ROSE
Tea Rose is baby pink in other words. Unlike Femme, this one's so much more wearable. Except that I don't have the guts yet to wear "baby pink lips" to school.

PROS:
    -Cheap
    -Glides on smoothly
    -So much more manageable than Femme!
CONS:
    -Smells like a concoction of too much chemicals
    -Dried my lips

HEREDES
NYX LIPSTICK, NYX HEREDES REVIEW, NYX HEREDES
NYX LIPSTICK, NYX HEREDES REVIEW, NYX HEREDES
 My favorite among the three! I wear this during corpo-days but I always have to reapply every hour or so. This one's the most wearable and it's color is close to Clinique's Blushing Nude and Bobbi Brown's Honeysuckle, which is nude with a hint of brown and pink. Actually, I cannot see the difference between this and Blushing Nude! I love this so much!

PROS:
    -Cheap
    -I love the color!
    -I could wear this everywhere!
CONS:
    -Dried my lips 
    -Smells like a concoction of too much chemicals. Smells unhealthy.

HOW IT LOOKS LIKE WHEN WORN:
NYX LIPSTICK, NYX FEMME REVIEW, NYX FEMME, NYX LIPSTICK IN FEMME WHEN WORN, NYX SWATCHES
FEMME
NYX LIPSTICK, NYX TEA ROSE REVIEW, NYX TEA ROSE, NYX LIPSTICK IN TEA ROSE WHEN WORN, NYX SWATCHES
TEA ROSE
NYX LIPSTICK, NYX HEREDES REVIEW, NYX HEREDES, NYX LIPSTICK IN HEREDES WHEN WORN, NYX SWATCHES
HEREDES


ROUGE CREAM BLUSH in TICKLED
NYX ROGUE CREAM BLUSH, NYX ROGUE CREAM BLUSH IN TICKLED, NYX TICKLED, NYX REVIEW
NYX ROGUE CREAM BLUSH, NYX ROGUE CREAM BLUSH IN TICKLED, NYX TICKLED, NYX REVIEW, NYX SWATCHES, NYX TICKLED SWATCHES
(L-R: Heavy swatch; Blended swatch)

 I like the peachy-pink color and the gold shimmer it has (not seen on any picture)!! I don't know where to compare this product but I like it! It's creamy but it's not so pigmented. I have to apply a lot before the color shows up. I also wear this under Clinique's Bashful Plum and the combination goes really well. It also prolongs my powder blush's longevity since it acts as a base.

PROS:
    -Cheap! Bought it for 350 or 400 php. I cannot remember.
    -I love the shimmer and the color!
CONS:
    -Smells like a concoction of too much chemicals. Smells unhealthy.
    -Tends to get oily (so I always layer another powder blush on top of it)
    -Not so pigmented. You have to put a lot. But then again, it tends to get oily so if you put a lot, it also has the tendency to get REALLY oily.