8.18.2011

CoverGirl Cheekers: Natural Rose and Rose Silk

covergirl cheekers in Natural Rose and Rose Silk
covergirl cheekers in Natural Rosecovergirl cheekers in Rose Silk

Outdoor swatches
L-R: Rose Silk; Natural Rose 
covergirl cheekers in Natural Rose and Rose Silk swatches
covergirl cheekers in Natural Rose and Rose Silk swatches

TOP-BOTTOM: Natural Rose; Rose Silk
covergirl cheekers in Natural Rose and Rose Silk swatches

Indoor swatches
L-R: Rose Silk; Natural Rose
covergirl cheekers in Natural Rose and Rose Silk swatches

When I found out that my friend has this Rose Silk CoverGirl Cheekers blush in her online shop, I didn't hesitate to get it! Since my Natural Rose blush didn't disappoint me, I thought I'd get another one from the Cheekers line. I've read reviews about Rose Silk and they said it's the cheaper dupe for NARS Orgasm, which is the holy grail of all blushes according to every makeup obsessed human being by the way. But I have not an idea about it since I don't have an Orgasm blush just yet. (BECAUSE I COULDN'T FIND ANY NARS OUTLET/STALL IN DUBAI LAST SUMMER! WHEN MY POCKETS WERE STILL FULL, THAT IS! I'M STILL WONDERING WHY ACTUALLY...)

So far, it looks really shimmery and pink on my arm. I used my MAC 129 (which I have to replace as soon as possible because of awful shedding. AWFUL! Don't buy that brush.) in applying because the small brush  that came with it is useless and rough/hard. I love how easily I was able to blend it and I can't wait to try it on my cheeks! I can't, as of the moment, because I've been having really bad cases of pimples and brushes would worsen my situation. Uhh, refer to my last post. On the other hand, my Natural Rose cheekers blush is peachy pink in color and I like it more than the Rose Silk. I don't know what's with me and peach nowadays. I also recently bought a TOPSHOP cream blush in Head Over Heels, which is peach as well. Anyway, this Natural Rose blush is the blush I'm afraid to use. It's been with me for a very long time and I'm not sure if it's expired already. I'd have to ask my friend, Mich, if there's a chance she could have Natural Rose in her shop anytime soon. Just to be safe. Anyway, I'm warning you. Both blushes smell strong, it reminds me of my great grandmother's perfume. Regardless of that, I would recommend this line of blushes from CoverGirl, especially these two shades that I have so far. I remember Natural Rose was my favorite before Clinique's Bashful Plum. Both blushes, especially Natural Rose, are really light on first application so you might want to sweep your brush and apply for a couple more times just to make the color noticeable. Though I'm not sure if it would work for Rose Silk, it tends to get really shimmery when too much is applied.

This is Mich's online shop by the way! Trusted that she sells original and reasonably priced stuff!
Click the picture to get there!