7.06.2011
In the last few nights of my summer, after running and working my ass off, I sit by the pool and listen to this song over and over again. I don't know how "drunk" feels like but I do feel like I'm my own interpretation of drunk every time I listen to that song in a very jaded state. I lie on one of the pool chairs with the best view (near the stairs of the pool) of the skyscrapers and just.... think. I never noticed the humidity. I just kept on sinking and letting the song drive through me while I stare at the sky, careless of everybody's opinion. I thought and reflected on things such as my experiences, or just basically anything that enters my mind. Kind of like how a drunk person suddenly talks about a particular topic and pours all his knowledge about it. I realized A LOT with the help of this song, the view, and the state I'm in, and I know it made a part of me grow up. And I think that in those moments, I came across the serene fragments of the urban life I had for 2 months
Anyway, those photos were taken from our balcony. It was part of my plan to take a shot of what I see during nights like that--as in a picture using my point of view, and to actually take a shot of the sky while I'm in the pool by day but, sadly, I forgot to. Nevertheless, I'll see them again in a few years... I hope.