11.29.2012

Thrift Wonders: Part Deux

Guess who payed the local thrift store a visit! Well, recently, I have been noticing that I pass by a lot of thrift stores in my normal home-school/school-home route and I have been meaning to find the time (and the money) to check it out for quite a while now. They are starting to sprout like beans in our village. As Julia and I were on our way back from a thesis shoot earlier, we had spare time to stop by. 

What I liked about that particular store is that unlike all the other thrift stores I've been to, they actually wash and fabcon the clothes. Not saying that the clothes are already clean though, I'm saying that that particular thrift shop has a clean atmosphere. Because if you are familiar with the normal thrift shops, you'd know that they don't really wash the clothes they sell. And you would know how foul and annoying is the smell of ukay. I've been to some ukays in Libertad and Harrison Plaza, and the smell made me sneeze every 30 seconds! I literally sneezed the hell out me. By God, I tell you it's one of the many discouraging factors of thrift shopping. This one we just went to made the breathing easier for me. Though I still worry about the germs... BUT! Like I told you in this post it's safe to consider thrifts as long as you wash it properly. 

Anyway, I didn't buy much since I'm still on a strict budget (even on thrifts, yes). Duh, Christmas is coming. I need money for my Christams Bazaar escapades! I just bought a pair of shorts and a pair of '80s jeans' or Baston jeans. No silly, that's not my style. I bought it because I thought Julia and I could snip it and turn it into another pair of high-waist shorts! 



After going through racks and racks of clothes, Julia showed me a pair of striped Guess shorts. I checked it out and concluded it is a pair of authentic, vintage, Guess shorts, and it was hella cheap! Sad news is, it's about two sizes smaller than my size, but I felt I had to get it for my sister. It's still in mint condition, but just a bit dirty. 


guess by Marciano shorts


However, my friends, this is how the 80's jeans looked like post the "DIY shorts project". Oh and did I tell you it's an authentic pair of Liz Claiborne jeans? Fabrique au Mexique! (The easiest French sentence I could understand no matter how fast you say it.) And ya! It's so freakin cheap, I don't want to tell you how much.







Snip snip!

Et voila!

HURRAAAAAAAAY! Now I feel like I'm one of those Tumblr girls! If you know what I mean...


fin