11.16.2011

Janella Berniz

I could still clearly remember the years before you came to this world.  It seemed to be a habit for me during those years to pray really hard for a sister, partly because I also wished for someone I could share my dolls with. And then on this day, 13 years ago, you were pulled out of our mother's womb. I couldn't be anymore happy with my newly born playmate. But as time progressed, we had more disagreements that go beyond our usual problems, like "which Bratz should you be or should I be", or whether you should be Barbie and I as her best friend or vice versa, or who between us should be Gretl in the Sound of Music. We may fight the life out of each other at times but, I say to you, that should never be reason enough for us to part ways. Because that's how it really is! Siblings fight but not very long after, they start sharing stories with each other again. Plus you're the only sister I have! The only one who could do "isaw tongues" with me perhaps (see the picture below). And I'd like to think you're the only one I have. (I'm not going to expound on that 'cause I know how big it would make your head. And I could just imagine you making faces out of disgust of too much drama.) I spent 14 years of my life with you, you spent 13, and I'm more than willing to spend the rest of my life sharing bunks with you and I will continue to fight you over the TV. hehehe! I love you and happy birthday, sis!








P.S.
Please take this as a hint that I would like you to turn the TV off when the clock strikes 10. :) hhehehe

P.P.S.
Yes, I know I'm too big for the palanggana and the kiddie pool but I continued to humiliate myself, not because I honestly wanted to swim in the palanggana, but because it's a "you go I go" moment for me.