In the midst of the year-end insanity, we happened to find an escape in one of the seemingly thousand stresses we're faced with. Julia and I, along with the rest of our groupmates, is currently on the process of making a documentary about Korean Invasion in the Philippines for our Writing for Broadcast and Pub. Affairs subject. This documentary (sort of) compelled us to eat and spend on an authentic Korean BBQ lunch. I was being documented for the whole time and there were some awkward phases where I didn't exactly know what I was eating. Not to mention my ignorance on how to really eat "the Korean way". Regardless of the idea of shedding cash for the docu's sake (and how much we had to shed), I'm pretty glad we offered to shoot the "food part"! Obviously, we loooooooooooooooooove fooooooood!!! Sometimes that's all we talk about.......
We tried this Korean restaurant along BF drive called Sam Won Garden and I truly recommend this if you're in the mood for a Korean delight. Just in case you want to know, we ordered 3 courses and ended up with a dozen plates on our table!
| Chill drive on a rainy hazy Thursday afternoon |
| KOREAN SETTING = KOREAN POSE |
| She's nice enough to cooperate with our shoot and to teach me how grill and eat everything! |
| The famous and my forever favorite Japchae! |
One thing I noticed is that Koreans love to wrap everything in a vegetable. An example would be this beef wrapped in a pink Korean Raddish! It tasted reeeeaaally good!
The tricky part is wrapping it with a humongous lettuce! As to how the Ate told me, you have to eat it in one bite... I tried to push everything inside my mouth but I ended up cutting it in half. HAHA!
| 45 minutes after... |
Surprisingly, we didn't feel the slightest bit bloated after everything that we ate! Hey, everything is for academic purposes... HAHAHA!