3.20.2012

NAKED

My grandparents from the US went home last Sunday and after a very stressful week, this definitely pushed everything "thesis-related" at the back of my mind (not entirely out of my mind). If you can check my internet history, you will see how often I've visited SEPHORA's website just to continue dreaming of this palette (how it sucks to not have my favorite beauty store locally available).  Although I was half expecting this already, I was completely surprised that it IS in my lola's luggage! I FINALLY HAVE THE 'MOST AWAITED SEQUEL'!!!!

This NAKED2 eye shadow palette is my first from Urban Decay and it felt like a bar of gold in my hands. I am beyond ecstatic upon seeing how beautiful it is. In fact, the word 'beautiful' isn't even close! It is beyond stunning. Kinda flabbergasting/jaw dropping...if it doesn't mean the same as the latter. I ought to play with this soon after all this insanity is over. Well actually, I have a feeling that I would be spending a lot of time watching hundreds of youtube tutorials!


Anyway, it came with a tiny lip gloss and a smooth pencil case feel. Mich has the first NAKED (that one without the '2') palette and she told me that it doesn't have a dual brush; has this felt-y feel; and that it came with a primer instead. Honestly, I will choose her primer over my lip gloss...in a heartbeat! I'm not a gloss person and I do not like the feeling of slathering sticky stuff on my lips.

However, let us get to the main subject of it all and what this 'sequel' is famous for - its neutral colors! Well I can't really rave about it now that I still haven't completely tried it except when I dipped my little finger on each of the shades and had swatches of it on my arm. It was VERY pigmented! Need I say more about how gorgeous the shades looked? They might appear very frosty in the pan but it actually isn't on my skin.Though I'm clueless of how it's going to look when worn on my eyes!


Look how it (sort of) prettifies my cluttered stash. HAHAHA

HUGE thanks to my wonderful Aunts from the states, especially Aunt Jo who spoiled me with this palette (and loooaaads of Victoria's Secret stuff), for letting me have Christmas in March!







P.S.
Hey my other lola's going to be back from Dubai in April. I'm sensing a "Christmas in April" as well. ;)