1.14.2013

Majolica Majorca Brow and Lash Colorist; CD Diorshow Blackout



Browcara Majolica Majorca, Diorshow Blackout

I give so much attention and importance to the eye area, especially to my brows and my lashes. No matter how little time I have, I would never skip these two in my everyday makeup routine.

Brows


I've been asked too many times about what I do to my brows and frankly, I don't do much. I just use brow powder (and only brow powder) to fill it and thicken it a bit. Until I stumbled upon these wonderful inventions called the "browcaras". I was supposed to buy MAC's brow set in Beguile but my guardian angel, Julia, told me I could find cheaper ones that work as good as that. So I got this Brow and Lash Colorist from Majolica Majorca (Php595) instead. Another drugstore wonder!

Majolica Majorca Brow and Lash Colorist

The Brow and Lash Colorist comes in two shades: A light brown/taupe (similar to Beguile) and a reddish brown. Obviously I got the reddish brown. The consistency is comparable to MAC's brow set but, for me, it is not as good as the latter. But it is good! I just think I should've gotten a lighter shade. Too much of this makes my brows a bit red so I make sure that I take the excess off of the brush before applying.

I put on the Brow and Lash Colorist after applying brow powder - which I realized I just ran out of but my resourcefulness took over so I'm using the brown shade from the Big Beautiful Eyes contour kit from Benefit. It has a liiiiiiiiittle bit of sparkle in it. A very tiny amount of glitter, but it still works! I like how the powder-browcara combination keeps my brows in place and that it makes the color a bit lighter/natural.

Benefit Big Beautiful Eyes contour kit
Big Beautiful Eyes as brow powder


Lashes

For my lashes, my first choice mascara would always be Clinique's High Impact mascara, but I ran out of it and my mom gave me this Diorshow Blackout sample and I love it!! This is definitely my alternate mascara for the High Impact! The only con about this is that it's not waterproof. Though I'm pretty sure this has a waterproof version. And another is that this is way more expensive than High Impact. But then again, it's Dior.

Diorshow Blackout
Diorshow Blackout, Christian Dior mascara
Diorshow mascara


Here's me wearing no makeup but on the brows and lashes:

Diorshow Blackout mascara, Majolica Majorca brow and lash colorist



The Verdict

Majolica Majorca Brow and Lash Colorist: 3.5/5
Christian Dior Diorshow Blackout: 4.5/5