10.17.2011

Une Lettre de Paris

Nothing really special except for my name on the envelope. I was actually surprised last Friday to find this sitting on my bed! I remember checking their website right after re-watching Julie and Julia for the nth time and requesting for brochures that are to be sent in my e-mail. Never did I know that they would also send it to my home address. Not that I really am, going to study in Cordon Bleu, (God, no. Maybe in 50 years, I could) but I badly want to. I want to escape from all these scripts and essays and too much social awareness! I thought, why don't I just be a chef and be happy? Make my life easier with rainbows and good food instead of black ink and white papers. I could already picture myself cooking Lobster Thermidor and french onion soup for the family and then serving Brie and wine to the grownups after; making money out of my homemade patisseries; hyping up my team in one of the glamorous kitchens of Burj Arab as we try to impress the Sheikh; or most probably perfecting Julia Child's Boeuf Bourguignon for my future husband. I'd be living the perfect life when that happens. But let's be realistic. I don't even go near the stove nowadays. I jsut go directly to the dining table and feed on what was served. Or worse, pick up the phone and dial 8-MCDO. But, you know... It's good to have my mind wandering on such things. Besides, I would graduate college at the age of 19 (hopefully). If I get really lucky to have an opportunity as such, I would never hesitate to grab it. As the saying goes, I'll cross the bridge when I get there.