Anyway! Let's cut to the chase. I finally have the Instax Mini 50s! Fuji's sleekest model from its Instax cameras. The 50s is not entirely available and it is quite hard to track (unless you're in Japan). In Philippines, your only chance is Sulit.com... I had to pre-order this from GSD Outlet mall branch and had it delivered to the Mirdiff branch. No, this is not an outlet product and luckily I got the last stock. At first, it feels so fragile and it looks complicated, but after witnessing the first photo slide off the side of the camera, I wanted to take photos of EVERYTHING!
Fuji came up with a lot of Instax models but what made me decide to get this one in particular is its Self Timer function and its capability to be mounted on a tripod. Unlike the other instant cameras, this would probably be best compared with the latest Apple innovations: it's "sleeker, thinner and smarter". Let's not go into specifics but this camera definitely gives you better photos and "improved shooting performances".
| Snap-on macro lens |
| Credit-card-sized photos |
Someone always have to ask, why spend money on instant cameras when you can just print your digital photos. I say, it's the nostalgic feel of instant photos that you won't ever get from manually printing digital photos. It's the 2-minute wait before you see how it develops, not to mention the feeling of actually witnessing how it slowly develops (Sandro even calls them the "magic photos"). My mom was against this at first but after getting the "instant" feel of it, she even took a photo of her neck! HAHAHA! But seriously, instant cameras are worth every penny!