The book I bought during my very ironic Maroon 5 moment (which I made a post about before this), is 127 hours by Aron Ralstone.

It's a biographical film/story of an adventurous guy who had an almost death encounter when he got stuck between two rocks. I started reading a few weeks ago but it's a bit boring for me for he has some terms that only bikers and adventurous people could understand so I saw the movie instead. I hate to spoil it to you but IT'S REALLY GROSS! Could you imagine yourself amputating your own arm?! Aside from the gross part, the movie itself, the transition of the story is really slow for it mostly filmed the part where he was trapped already. Not that there are actually a lot of things to film apart from biking around the canyon's vicinity, water jumping with two girls he just met, and falling with a boulder into the crack, eventually getting his hand trapped. For 5 and a half days that he was trapped, Danny Boyle is actually genius for having re-enacted Aron Ralston's thoughts and dreams. I'm currently taking a subject that requires (more like compels) me to do scripts for dramas, TV shows, etc. I find it hard to articulate in terms of script writing the thoughts of the subject. I mean, how would I show it upon filming? In what part should it enter? How would I make it appear unfictionalized etc., etc. Yet Danny Boyle surprised me (you should watch the film in order to get what i'm saying). The shots were awesome, specially in the first part. Where the screen was split in to three displaying different shots of the scene in each column. Like when he was in the car going to the canyon, there were three shots of the scene. One was a medium close-up of him drinking Gatorade (?) while driving, one was a bird's eye shot of the car, and the other was a medium shot taken in front of the car. It amused me 'cause I was able to see the scene not just from one angle but from 2 or 3. No wonder it was nominated as "best picture" at the Oscar's. Feb 27's the date! James Franco, the one who portrayed Aron Ralston, is rumored to host the Academy Awards.
Anyway. This is what he got for being such a "layas" or "taong gala" as to how my mom describes me when I ask for her permission before attending a party or going somewhere.


This one is actually the original cover and title of the book. He made artificial hands that would still help him do his adventures! UNBELIEVABLE. He never learned his lesson.