One of my new year's resolutions is to write at least something, everyday, on my blog. Just, sum my day up through blogging. I checked my drafts and I have so many unpublished. Today I pledge to commit to my new year's resolution, which is to blog, and I do solemnly swear to blog about the most random yet interesting things.
So! Today's February 1st and something quite miserable happened in the past few days that pulled the writer in me.
Months ago, you would see me very excited about summer break. It's due to these reasons:
1. (Of course) it's summer break. The longest break a student could ever have. (FOR FREE; WITHOUT PREREQUISITES)
2. Summer means flying for me. I'm booked to leave for Dubai on the first week of April.
3. Dubai means seeing my family. The highlight isss, i'm gonna be with my adorable frere bebe potele!

Alessandro
4. Summer also means $$$! Since June 2010, I've gotten used to setting aside half of my monthly allowance for my savings. Savings, of course, for my summer's shopping spree, etc. etc.
5. Last December, dad told me Maroon 5 is on tour and they'd be stopping over Dubai. My reaction? ".... OH. MY. GOD!!!!!!!!!! PERFECT!!!"
So just imagine how perfect and genuinely kind summer 2011 would be to me. I get to be free from all the Philippine stress/traffic/boredom/heat (Actually, it's hotter in Dubai during summer. It's commendable, though, to be fully occupied while enjoying and relaxing at the same time regardless of the heat and all that);
I get to be with my family! Though in contrary, summer would, sadly, be the longest time i could ever spend with them. Despite the fact that they come home every December, still it's not enough.They stay for less than a month, I wouldn't even reach the zenith of being with them in less than a month. I'm sure many family-centered people here would understand where i'm coming from. A family, in order to call it a family, or, say, a complete family, should always be together. Should see each other everyday, greet each other good morning (personally, that is), eat dinner together, celebrate Sundays, and do stuff according to whatever your perception of what a family should do. Anyway, back to summer. Yes, I'd be Philippine-free (you could see how much I want to get out of this country!), I'd be with my family, what else...
Of course!!! In April, I would get my 10-months worth of savings! Yippee! I would actually get a hold of it by March but I'd be downing it when I get to Dubai, which is on April. I could just imagine...
And! I'd be seeing Maroon 5! That's the second awaited thing next to my family! If you scroll down my blog, you'd see I made a post about them, specifically my sweetheart, the apple of my eye, Adam Levine. Im very much obsessed with him. I get the tingle, the one Britney Spears was talking about in her song "Radar", when I hear his voice. I love his aura, his charisma, writing skills, down to his tattoos, his bod, him being sexual and professional at the same time. I could even say I love his skin tone, his height, his fashion sense, even to the extent that I love all the hair growing out of him, just to prove how obsessed I am with him. Or, I could simply say how badly devastated, disappointed, and HURT I was when I found out that I wont see them in April.
Yes, here's the falling action of a story; here's what everybody called the TWIST of the story. No, I was exaggerating. It's not entirely the TWIST of the story, just a part of it. And it's only here where you'll find a TWIST before the story even existed.
Last Friday, I was thinking of my soon to happen ULTIMATE SUMMER EXPERIENCE and then I thought of Maroon 5. I got excited so I googled their tour dates. I was actually doubtful at first when 'UAE' didn't appear, so I went to their main site. I couldn't believe my eyes! They're really not gonna perform. So, exaggerated as it may sound but this is what happened, I was speechless. Immediately I messaged my mom, expressing my grief by asking her to rebook my flight going back a week early. She got disappointed. I didn't mean to disappoint her and I actually thought she'd understand. She thought I only wanted to go there because of Maroon 5, which is obviously not. So there. After the googled Maroon 5 incident, it's as if my whole world drastically became ironic.
I found out that on May 23rd they'd be performing here in Philippines. FYI: I'd be in Dubai starting Apr 8-Jun 4. That's why I tried asking my mom for a rebook. Instead, she got upset and the rebooking's never to happen.
Yesterday I was out to buy a book in the mall. I was thinking about Maroon 5 and about having a shirt printed with their logo, or their picture. As I was passing by the shop where you can buy plain vneck-shirts (to be printed on), a familiar song began to play loudly...
"OH YEAH. OH YEAH!
SO SCARED OF BREAKING IT, BUT YOU WON'T LET IT BEND.
I WROTE TWO HUNDRED LETTERS I WILL NEVER SEND..."
Familiar? Yes. Because that was Misery by Maroon 5. Like they're telling me, or more like, rubbing it to my face that I really AM in misery for not getting to see this once in a lifetime (you can never tell, though) event!
I got really paranoid with signs after that.
I'm still very excited about my soon to happen ULTIMATE SUMMER EXPERIENCE despite a few changes on my expectations. What's important is my mom, dad and Alessandro. The main reason why I'd fly and get my butt numb for 9 hours to a very hot and dry country. I wouldn't like to leave out our papa (our biological father), my sister and I love him too, of course! I don't know with you but, for us, it's really different having a mother with you... Losing her since I was 11, my sister-7, was not a very good thing. Not a good thing at all.