What's new? I have abandoned you again. I have been a little preoccupied lately... Job hunting and all that grown-up, post-graduation stuff. I've been to three interviews, one of which I declined (poor salary offer, yes I have standards); the second one I realized I'm not really fit for the job (plus has a really poor offer as well--unpaid for the first 3 months!!!); and the current one, still pending. I have been spending my weeks either marching from one office to another, or checking my mail, or surfing Dubizzle/Bayt. And I'm actually enjoying it!
Every once in a while, I still can't believe how... old I've gotten. Four years ago, I was entirely clueless where I'd head to after high school, not to mention which direction I'd take. Now I'm routinely checking for job openings and picking out stuff from my closet for interviews. I have been told too many times by too many people to relax, to "slow down", that I'm "only 19" and that I have "plenty of time" in my hands. Well, I'm relaxed but only to the point that I'd carefully choose which job I really want and by setting some standards.
I am so not in a hurry to land a job. I am joyfully basking in this sweet post-school moment where I have all the time in the world to work on my abs, lose weight, have a serious relationship with my bed, read all the books in the world, soul-search and do what other odds and ends there might be. Of course it feels a bit pressuring when I see former classmates step out of this unemployment bubble but, I try my best not to rush into things. Don't get me wrong, I could easily ask my parents to use their connections and get me in somewhere, but no. I'm moving at my own pace and thoroughly considering what's best for myself.
In fact, I have considered studying again. I thought, why not get all the education I can while I'm still 'young'? I haven't totally decided on it but my parents are in full support of this idea. Perhaps a second degree? Masters? A language or a short culinary course or something? Just to broaden my knowledge and experience on things. And maybe to prove some people wrong (self satisfaction). I have my eye on American University but, I don't know. I have a lot of thinking and deciding to do. My mind is torn between studying and starting on my career... Or if I can, maybe I'll do both... But for now, I am to enjoy my bum life.
Anyway! This post has gotten longer than expected. Ill remember to keep you posted!
x
Every once in a while, I still can't believe how... old I've gotten. Four years ago, I was entirely clueless where I'd head to after high school, not to mention which direction I'd take. Now I'm routinely checking for job openings and picking out stuff from my closet for interviews. I have been told too many times by too many people to relax, to "slow down", that I'm "only 19" and that I have "plenty of time" in my hands. Well, I'm relaxed but only to the point that I'd carefully choose which job I really want and by setting some standards.
I am so not in a hurry to land a job. I am joyfully basking in this sweet post-school moment where I have all the time in the world to work on my abs, lose weight, have a serious relationship with my bed, read all the books in the world, soul-search and do what other odds and ends there might be. Of course it feels a bit pressuring when I see former classmates step out of this unemployment bubble but, I try my best not to rush into things. Don't get me wrong, I could easily ask my parents to use their connections and get me in somewhere, but no. I'm moving at my own pace and thoroughly considering what's best for myself.
In fact, I have considered studying again. I thought, why not get all the education I can while I'm still 'young'? I haven't totally decided on it but my parents are in full support of this idea. Perhaps a second degree? Masters? A language or a short culinary course or something? Just to broaden my knowledge and experience on things. And maybe to prove some people wrong (self satisfaction). I have my eye on American University but, I don't know. I have a lot of thinking and deciding to do. My mind is torn between studying and starting on my career... Or if I can, maybe I'll do both... But for now, I am to enjoy my bum life.
Anyway! This post has gotten longer than expected. Ill remember to keep you posted!
x