6.16.2012

Summer Internship In A Few Words

Well hello there! I am back!
.
.
I wonder when I would stop starting my posts with that line and how many times would I disappear and suddenly announce that I'm back to blogging again. Well, I'd give you two reasons:

1. Smartbro's being a brat.
2. I've been really busy with the summer internship...

Surprised I was when I saw that my blog views/stats are still as active as a heartbeat monitor (of course that one with a beating heart). Anyway, the only thoughts that I associate with the word "fun" this summer were the random hangouts and sleepovers with my high school buddies. Kim and her brother Kier are back and their presence definitely called for a "reunion to remember". On the other hand, no matter how much I wanted to spend the rest of my time with them, I unwillingly spent 3 dragging weeks working overtime (even on weekends) at the office. As a media student, we had our internships in different TV and Radio networks.

I wouldn't say that the internship was boring all throughout the required 200 hours but thinking of it as something that compels me to comply, it just takes the fun out of it and leaves it as a chore. Somewhat close to being a burden already. Just imagine being delayed, denied, and distributed to what most people perceive as "ghost networks"--those channels most people didn't know they have on cable. It's like we were forced to eat the last piece of banana that nobody wants to eat because it's bruised. But little did we expect that we: the delayed, denied and unfairly distributed peepz, squeezed the most experience. We got to experience productions --as in first-hand productions where we do tasks that are already supposedly paid for; we did field works (which involves a LOT of pricey lunch treats from politicians by the way); voice over-ed On-Air, wrote loads of scripts to be read On-Air; wrote items for the station's website, and many others. By my words, I have no intention of belittling nor antagonizing the others' tasks, but I feel like I just have to defend something. I just have to say that even though we worked for an "ancient" and poorly financed and poorly recognized network, the hands-on experience is our ace.

I took a few photos only via Instagram because I am one of the million MRT commuters who leaves home (Las Pinas) at 5:40AM just to make it on time in Quezon City by 8AM (another reason why I percieve the program as a burden). I don't carry a lot of load with me. Truth is, my point-and-shoot camera won't even fit in my "work bag". Plus, you know what they say... "the best camera is the one that's with you"--my iPhone.

RADIO (AM): DZXL 558

TV: PEOPLE'S TELEVISION NETWORK (PTV4)