
VIGAN
The nicest place in the Philippines I have been to so far.
Our Philippine History class had a field trip in this wonderful place named Vigan. It could've been a whole lot of fun if not for the misunderstanding regarding the booking of our rooms. Oh well, never to check in there ever again.
Went to school around 8:45pm, rode the bus at 9pm and left at 9:30pm. We had our asses numb with the 10 loooooooooong hours of being couched the whole trip. In this picture, MICH, my everywhere apprentice, and I have awful weary eyes. This was during our second stop over, which was at 3 in the morning!

Arrived in Ilocos Sur FINALLY!! After stretching my best, we had breakfast in Chowking and took a quick picture in the vicinity with my girlfriends Iona and Julia :) I miss them a lot!! We don't see each other in school anymore!
STINKY OR NOT STINKY, without taking a bath yet, we're off with the tour. Went to the Marcos Museum first. In the third picture, it really is the late president's body. fully waxed and preserved. No cameras are allowed inside but I brought my camera with me anyway. With one swift click on my camera, without focusing it professionally, voila!! A nice shot of the president's body. :) Yeah! Yeah! I know I'm good. :)

Went to this vintage church! Outside it was really impressive. I didn't like what's inside as much as I loved the outside.


After having lunch, checking in and freshening up, we're back to the tour. This time we went to Crisologo Museum. I'm not sure who he is but, I could rest assured that he's somebody important.

Went to the pottery and found these awesome jars that looks like the ladies are spitting water onto another jar. I want them in our house!

Went to Chavit Singson's Zoo, Baluarte. It's pretty cool but it's not yet at its zenith, I can tell. Many renovations are still being made.


That was the end of our first day in Vigan.
At 6:30am the next day, we're off to our second day of tour! We went to Burgos museum and from there, we rode a Kalesa going to wherever in Vigan we wish to go in 30 minutes.




The Kalesa dropped us off the Heritage Village. It is the same village where our hotel is located. That's where I enjoyed the most. I felt very vintage and if I was only wearing my filipiniana that time, I would totally fit in! The horse's footsteps sounded different in cobblestones. The Heritage made me feel the atmosphere of the authentic Vigan!!! I loved the place not only because of the said reason but because I love shopping for souvenirs! With all the vintage shops, almost crowded by random tourists, wooing the shop owners to give them a lower bargain, I felt giddy and alive.

I love the Spanish inspired houses. Except for this one. Pretty right? But they sell coffins inside. HAHAHA!